At a press reveal Tuesday night on the Spirit of Detroit Plaza on the eve of the North American Worldwide Auto Present, Chrysler launched the 2023 Chrysler 300C, powered by a 6.4L HEMI engine with 485 horsepower.
The 6.4L HEMI-powered 2023 Chrysler 300C pays tribute to the Chrysler 300 and the top of an period — Chrysler 300 manufacturing will finish following the 2023 mannequin 12 months. The primary mannequin was launched in 1955 and reborn in 2005.
“We’re celebrating the Chrysler 300 and its iconic legacy within the automotive world,” says Chris Feuell, Chrysler model CEO. “The Chrysler 300 modified the automotive world in so some ways, and we’ll carry that spirit of ingenuity ahead as we remodel Chrysler with a totally electrified future and breakthrough buyer experiences.”
The 2023 Chrysler 300C honors the 300 mannequin with a particular, limited-production run — solely 2,000 items will likely be provided within the U.S. with one other 200 fashions accessible in Canada.
The 6.4L V-8 HEMI engine generates 485 horsepower and 475 lb.ft. of torque, and goes from 0-60 mph in 4.3 seconds. The 2023 Chrysler 300 can cowl the quarter mile in 12.4 seconds and may attain a prime velocity of 160 mph.
The 392-cu.-in., naturally aspirated engine is paired with a TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission that optimizes gas financial system whereas providing most efficiency with 160-millisecond shifts. Extra efficiency options embrace purple four-piston Brembo brakes, a 3.09 restricted slip differential, energetic damping suspension, and black, rounded exhaust ideas that delivers a muscular, throaty sound.
A brand new iteration of the tri-color 300C badge attire up the outside on the grille and rear decklid, and the 300C rides on 20-by-9-inch solid wheels with all-season efficiency tires. The outside carries black chrome accents on the grille and decrease fascia, plus black headlamp and taillamp bezels. Three exterior colours can be found for the 300C: Gloss Black, Velvet Pink, and Vivid White.
Inside, black Laguna leather-based entrance seats are embossed with the brand new 300C emblem and additional accented with distinctive silver stitching. Silver stitching additionally reaches the doorways and leather-based instrument panel, with carbon fiber and Piano Black touches on the inside bezels.
The 300C affords a premium 19-speaker Harman Kardon audio system, and the 8.4-inch Uconnect infotainment system, in addition to Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, comes commonplace. Superior brake help, Lane Departure Warning Plus and Full Pace Collision Warning Plus are only a few of the usual security options, whereas consolation options embrace a heated steering wheel and heated and ventilated entrance seats.
The 2023 Chrysler 300C comes totally geared up with a U.S. producer’s steered retail value (MSRP) of $55,000. Ordering reservations can be found now at reservation.chrysler.com, by means of a course of that options three easy steps: choose an exterior shade, choose a seller and submit a deposit.
With roots that embrace the breakthrough 1955 and 2005 fashions, the Chrysler 300 has represented fashion, sophistication and efficiency for practically 70 years. Highlights of the Chrysler 300 embrace:
- In 1955, the Chrysler 300 is launched. The hardtop comprises a 300-horsepower HEMI V-8 with strong valve lifters and twin four-barrel carburetors, essentially the most highly effective full-size automotive on the earth; the brand new Chrysler 300 dominates NASCAR.
- 1957 Chrysler model standard-bearer, the 300C, is supplied with a regular 392-cubic-inch, 375-horsepower HEMI.
- Chrysler 300D units a Bonneville land velocity file in 1958 at 156.387 mph.
- Chrysler 300E arrives in 1959.
- Chrysler 300F, 300G and 300H debut in 1960, 1961 and 1962, respectively.
- The Chrysler model continues to provide “fashion and velocity” with the 300J.
- 300K debuts in 1964.
- Chrysler points final of its 300 letter collection vehicles, the 300L, in 1965; manufacturing of the non-letter collection 300S continues.
- 300 nameplate returns to the Chrysler lineup in 1999 with introduction of the 300M, which is known as MotorTrend’s Automobile of the 12 months in 1999.
- Introduction of 2005 Chrysler 300 collection marks a return to rear-wheel drive and consists of the 5.7-liter HEMI-powered 300C mannequin with 345 horsepower; new 300 is known as Automobile of the 12 months by MotorTrend.
- Including much more efficiency, 425-horsepower Chrysler 300C SRT8 incorporates a 6.1-liter HEMI engine and is able to 0 to 60 mph instances within the low 5-second vary.
- Extra 300 fashions throughout the 2005 to 2010 model-year span embrace all-wheel-drive variations, the “blacked out” 300S, the 300C and 300C SRT8 Touring fashions (outdoors of North America).
- 2014 Chrysler 300 SRT incorporates a 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 and delivers 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque.
- Chrysler debuts the brand new Chrysler 300 in 2015, taking the nameplate’s daring fashion and class to new ranges.
- 2023 Chrysler 300C, powered by the 485-horsepower 6.4L HEMI engine, pays tribute to the Chrysler 300 and the top of an period — Chrysler 300 manufacturing will finish following the 2023 mannequin 12 months.